The Writer's Desk Welcomes Jean Kincaid


If you were blind, how would you describe your writing space? My office is light and airy with bookshelves on each side of the desk. There are potted plants at eye level as well as on the floor.

Is there anything unique about your space? My office sits right at the top of the stairs above an open foyer and I face the window that looks out over the airport office.

How long have you used this space? Eighteen years.

Any organizational or writing space tip, tool, method, hint or amazing revelation you’d like to share. I try (TRY) to keep my desk cleared so I have room for the tools I need when I get busy writing. I keep folders in a slotted tray and the folders have different WIP’s with idea’s and photos to help me stay focused.

If you were going on a trip, what two writing tools would you take from your desk besides your computer? My Nook and whichever folder needed working on.

What are your favorite writing books? Plot and Structure by James Scott Bell and Self Editing for Fiction Writers by Dave King and Renni Browne

What do you love most about your space? The light and space.

What do you hate or dislike about your space? Still not in love with my chair.

What do you surround yourself with that isn’t writing related but that helps you to enjoy your writing space? Devotionals. Lots and lots of them.

What are you currently working on? A Historical Romance

 

Do you have a new release you’d like to tell us about? My latest release came out on January 1st. It’s titled Wedding at the Hacienda. It’s the 3rd book in the Rio Grande Romance series with Heartsong. It’s the story of the youngest Fuentes brother, the lifestyle of Hispanics and the love of a good woman.




Thank you so much for being a part of THE WRITER’S WORLD blog series. It was fun doing this interview with you.

J Thank you very much Rhonda for this opportunity. It’s so appreciated.

 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this lady, Jean Kincaid. She is always there to give godly advise and to help you pray through when needed. I have read all 3 books and can't wait for the next one!

Rhonda Gibson said...

I do too Lori! She is awesome and a great critique partner!!

www.jeankincaid-author.blogspot.com said...

Thanks Lori for the kind words. You're always there for me too. I'm so glad you liked the books. Can't wait to see the next one in print either, lol. Hope it's soon.

www.jeankincaid-author.blogspot.com said...

Thanks Rhonda. I love critiquing your great stories.

Barbara said...

Love her books and love the author. Great lady, good friend and a wonderful Christian witness. Can't wait for her next book!

Unknown said...

I have read all of Jean Kincaid's books and I absolutely love them. She is such an inspirational writer and she speaks to her readers in a special way. Can't wait for the next one to come out!!!!

Unknown said...

Love Jeanie Kincaid. What a treasure she is and so talented

Unknown said...

I have also read Jean Kincaid's three books and feel in love with them !! Just waiting for her next one. Jean is such a inspiration to so many people & her family. To know is to love her !!!!

Anonymous said...

Love this lady, she is such a inspiration to everyone she comes in contact with, love her books. I know she will go far.