The Writer's Desk Welcomes Tamera Lynn Kraft


My writing area is also our living room when company visits and my area where I talk to God, read my Bible and pray. We redecorated recently, and this is my favorite place to be at home.

 



 This area, pictured above, has my laptop computer desk, A straight comfortable chair, and my laptop and Ipad. On the End Table is my book nook with my Bible, prayer journal and current reading material. It also has a lamp, my phone, and a walnut chess board in case a friend stops for a game of chess On the bottom shelf, that patch of blue is my footies in case my feet get cold. Behind the door of the end table is a portable file box. In the drawer of the other end table is a memo pad and pen and my Ipod and charging cords. On the wall are the high school pictures of my son and daughter. My son’s picture didn’t show up because of glare. There’s also a picture of Jesus when He calmed the seas with a caption, “Peace, Be Still”. That picture always makes me feel better when things are chaotic.

 
Going counterclockwise around the room, next is my couch. It’s very comfortable if I decide to take a break and have a nap. Above the couch is my eye candy. I love good art. This is my original Klee that my husband bought at a mall after watching him paint it. It was before he became well known. I love the colors in this painting.

Next is my view when I look up from the computer. Outside the window, it’s snowing today. It’s very pretty. The flowers on the table in the corner are my attempt at floral design. The bottom shelf of the table has a real hour glass. I love early American. The swivel rocker is great to turn around and sit in while I take in the view. There’s quite a bit of red in my living room toned down with taupe flowered wall paper, cream carpet, and this green/taupe chair. I love the color red. It makes me happy.



To the right is my oak roll top desk with curio cabinets on either side. I love my desk because it’s early American and because I can hide what I’m working on when company comes. On top of the desk is our oil lamp for when the electricity goes off, some candles, and another attempt at flower arranging. Above the desk hangs a photo of the headwaters of the Mississippi River in Minnesota. My husband took it when we were in the area for a kid’s crusade. It was so cool because I can say I walked across the Mississippi River. In the curio cabinets are mostly bells and Hummel's. I collect them both. My oldest Hummel's I inherited from my grandmother who also collected them. In the right curio cabinet, five shelves down, is my International Shepherd’s Cup Award dated 2007. I received it for lifelong achievement in the advancement of children’s ministry. It’s one of my most treasured possessions because of what it represents.

We’ve come full circle where you can see a glimpse into my kitchen and hallway. In the kitchen is my ceramic checkered floor and checkered wallpaper, my china cabinet, and my quaker parrot, Olive Oil.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That's it for my office, here is a book blurb of my latest book,  Soldier’s Heart:

Noah Andrews, a soldier with the Ohio Seventh Regiment can’t wait to get home now that his three year enlistment is coming to an end. He plans to start a new life with his young wife. Molly was only sixteen when she married her hero husband. She prayed every day for him to return home safe and take over the burden of running a farm.

But they can’t keep the war from following Noah home. Can they build a life together when his soldier’s heart comes between them?

Soldier’s Heart can be purchased at these links:




 
 
Tamera Lynn Kraft always loved adventures. She writes Christian historical fiction set in the United States because there are so many adventures in American history. Strong elements of faith, romance, and suspense are in her historicals, but the main feature is that sense of adventure that's inherent in the history of the United States of America. She writes from a Christian worldview. Linda Glaz from Hartline Agency is her agent.

Tamera has been married for 35 years to the love of her life, Rick. They have two married adult children and two grandchildren. She was a children’s pastor for over 20 years.

She is the leader of a ministry called Revival Fire For Kids where she mentors other children’s leaders, teaches workshops, and is a children’s ministry consultant and children’s evangelist. Her curriculum has been published including Kid Konnection 5: Kids Entering the Presence of God published by Pathway Press. She is honored to be the recipient of the 2007 National Children’s Leaders Association Shepherd’s Cup for lifetime achievement in children’s ministry.

No comments: